Thursday, November 12, 2009

The woes of a Wanna be VJ

A certain amazing television station hosted a VJ search recently.... I won’t name namesImage and video hosting by TinyPic . Now last minute, I may or may not have punked out and not sent in an audition tape, but I did look through a hundred or so audition tapes, which may or may not have been the reason I punked out.Image and video hosting by TinyPic What I would like to ask this particularly amazing station is... what the heck are you looking for?! I’m pretty sure that just like every other amazing person that has been following the VJ search, we all have our favourites. It may be out of jealously, anger or resentment or it may not be, that I say this – Why does the search remind me of a beauty pageant? I’m just saying, I saw some really amazing talent out there... namely a few obviously awesome people from Ryerson... (go Rye High!)Image and video hosting by TinyPic none of whom were chosen. The few who were picked do have a certain charisma, charm and undeniable good looks but in my humble, humble opinion did not match up in talent to a lot of the other hopefuls that I saw. Does anyone else agree with me or have I just been consumed by envy?? I know there’s politics and you don’t need Frankenstein in front of the camera... sorry,Image and video hosting by TinyPic but come on what is it that you want from us?!
And now a word to the audience who have a great deal to play in who becomes the next Much VJ.... please try to look past the amazing good looks (yes I think Tim Deegan is hot Image and video hosting by TinyPic and by the way fire your stylist) and try hard to focus and vote for talent. Now that Matte Babel has gone and taken all his swagger with him, Much needs help and given that I’m not there yet, we’ll just have to settle with second best. 
Ok enough of me venting, I would like to wish good luck to all the contestants (or maybe I kinda hope you guys would all suck so there’s room for me).
Much Music you’ll be seeing me soon!!Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

Maku said...

In spite of all the talent you are mentioning Much knows the person they choose will be like "The face of Much" so they're gonna go with first rate looks and second rate talent if they have to.
As for Tim Deegan... he's no Nico =P