Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fashion Week Fever ! (Day 1)

So I'm going to kick-off this blog by sharing my awesome experiences volunteering at FASHION WEEK Spring 2010!!

My intentions were to blog about what happened on a day to day basis, but that was impossible as I was working about 10-12 hours per day so all that I could do after work was sleep.

The first day on-site (9 a.m) the place looked amazing the new location at 1030 King Street W. looked completely different than it did at the volunteer meeting. Although volunteers were broken up into various groups,fashion environment,logistics and of course the much coveted backstage( me ! :) ) we were were all herded into the soon to be holding place for the who's who in fashion.

Day1 -Is pretty much a blur at this point and to my utmost dismay there wasn't any awesome backstage stuff to do :( . So my day included:- lifting, pulling, pushing,pasting, some more lifting and a brief steal away for a lunch break.Fun times! I must say though that everyone that I meet that day was super nice, although that didn't last for too long... I left on-site at 7.30pm,excited, exhilarated and exhausted.

1 comment:

Fahmida said...

Wow, you are talented!! Excellant writing style, I can't wait to keep reading more!