Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fashion Week Fever (Day 3)

Day 3 - I arrived just in time to be thrown backstage for the Paul Hardy show.

Paul Hardy - Some may disagree but I actually like the pieces in the this collection, I found it was like a breath of fresh air. Being Caribbean it held a certain sentimental value for me, with the head ties and white cotton it reminded of designers I've had the pleasure of working with in Trinidad.

Reva Mivasagar- This collection did not stand out too much for me although I did enjoy the color and prints used. One thing, the bead-work was extraordinary. you have to check it out below.

Lovas Wesley Badanjak- And the funniest designer award goes to.Seconds before the show started he jumped up and down like a school girl clapping his hands saying," Omg Omg, I'm going to piss my pants !!" Hilarious !! and on top of that that I loved his collection. It was all fun fun fun !

Katrina Tuttle- So I am super excited to do this show but somehow it wasn't what I expected I though the pieces were super great and feminine but I expected something a bit different. And a super secret message to Katrina Tuttle, I am soooo sorry !

Attitude. Only at Sears.- Now when you think Sears you don't really think attitude so when I heard Sears was showing I must be honest us volunteers weren't too thrilled.... but WERE we suprised! Now I think it was mostly the crazy hair that had the most attitude but I think the models really rocked what they were given to work with.

Pink Tartan - Now don't piss your pants but can you say full house! Now I must discuss what Kimberley Newport-Mimran wore, specifically the shoes.OMG FAB. She looked super chic from head to toe and then to toe again.Kimberley where did you get those shoes ??! O yah and her collection was great too and like her platforms a bit of a step up.

Joe Fresh Style - The patrons remained seated for another one of the top shows of the week, but personally I wasn't very impressed.Although I must say Joseph Mimran and his wife are two of the nicest designers that showed this fall. They ensured all their models were okay and saw the showing more of a celebration than anything else.Great great people! The show ran almost an hour later than expected but neither designers seemed bothered and although the prices are great I'm not that into booty shorts or farmer hats.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Joe Fresh Style Spring Collection 2010

No comments: