Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fashion Week Fever (Day 5)

Day 5 - Bittersweet Tears. So many people have dropped out,guess they came down with fashion fever ! I will work until my feet bleed, then wipe the blood and work some more !

Brandon Dwyer- didn't hate it .... didn't love all of it, what I really like were the exaggerated head pieces , hope those catch on :)

Jessica Biffi- So i'm loving her jersey jumpsuits and those box layers, I predict a trend !!

Ula Zukowska- Futuristic desert wear.I liked the print on some of the dresses and wish it was used a bit more. Also I really think the whole collection could have done without the red sunglasses....

Gotstyle the Menswear Store- So this was such a fun show !I loved how they mixed it up with a few celebs to give the runway some personality , specifically Nico Archambault, so very very rarely do I get star struck ! but Nico .... sighhh.... anyhooo the show was great no complaints here :)call me... lol

Lucian Matis- Midevil Glamour? It was actually really great working in the same space as him , you could feel his creative juices flowing. You could see that he preferred doing things himself.He made it his duty to dress some of the girls although come show time it was quite impossible for him to do so. I loved the shoes he used again it was a mix of soft and hard and off the topic he is quite the looker in person.

Pat McDonagh- This was a yummy collection. The desert theme was evident throughout and you know what,lose a few cherries here and there and it works.

Dare to Wear Love, Produced by Hoax Couture- 25 designers each made a piece for this benefit show to raise awareness for those with AIDS in Africa. Although everyone took time to recognize and bring importance to the matter, the night was made even more unforgettable by crazy fun catwalks by Jully Black and Jessi Cruickshank. A definite must see !Some Jully Black footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gehj63cK8Q

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lucian Matis Spring Collection 2010


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Dare to Wear Love Finale Show


*Unfortunately, I did not volunteer for all the shows at fashion week. But please feel free to comment if you did and tell us all about your experiences !!!
Just a note -I do not own the rights to any of the fashion week pics posted unless specified.

Visit http://lgfashionweek.ca/ for more details,pics,vids,bios etc.!!!

1 comment:

Maku said...

Hmm... some things I can totally see my girlfriend wearing =)