Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Fashion Week Fever (Day 2)

Day 2 - I arrived at 8.45 am as was requested to a fabulously deserted building. After milling around for a few minutes the backstage crew or dressers as we were called headed to the temporary white tent housing bevies of beauties,bottles of champagne that we could not touch and photographers who weren't the least bit interested in taking my picture- shocking I know! lol

The shows of the day and my critique-

VATA Brasil- ladies active wear, well it was just that but with a bit of a punch, although I did not have the pleasure trying any on , the models all looked quite comfortable.

Lizares- well... let me say a few good things first. the models for this show were HOT HOT HOT and some even sweet and didn't treat us volunteers like their own personal minions. One model in particular, was a bit nervous it being his first show, he showed up to get dressed and was handed a pair of tighty whities, dispite seeming quite nervous backstage he Rocked it on the runway. see below for pics. Now back to the clothes. They were calm and collected with a bit of zing, like a Bahamian vacation. I must say however, this was the most disorganized show I had the pleasure of being a part of,I felt as if no one was sure what was going on, not even the designer.

Travis Taddeo- This was a fun show. It was street wear with a lot of edge, lots of skin and baseball bats.... yahh...

Jason Meyers- So this is a funny story. So the volunteers and I were all ready and revved up to dress for Jason Meyers when we received word that the designer would like all the volunteers to EXIT. Basically he didn't want anyone else touching his stuff. can you say DIVA. ok so maybe if I were a designer I probably wouldn't want to put the fate of my showing in a bunch of volunteers' hands but thank God DIVA isn't contagious.

David Dixon - Even if I wanted to say something bad I couldn't.I though the clothes were great although a bit mature for moi. One thing though, I think he could have used a few better models...Oh I have to mention a certain lethal piece in the collection that looked like pieces of stripped metal.. yah it actually is exactly that.. it gives the comment "you look Fierce" a whole new meaning !

Barbie by David Dixon - Now this was a beauty. the models were absolutely gorgeous and carried the clothes amazingly. This was one of the biggest shows of the week and it was crazy backstage. One of the models I dressed who looked like a 12 year old barbie, her shoe being too big for her I asked a fellow model for some of the duck tape she was using to tape her own over- sized shoes, to my surprise she refused to help out, the sad thing is that this same girl ended up on the cover of the metro the next day but at least I was able to find another shoe for my model. Caty Caty!

Bustle- Every man should shop at Bustle ! Bustle delivered as expected and the kind of power and control that was exhibited onstage resonated backstage as well. Founder Shawn Hewson, I would say the best dressed designer of the week, was as cool as cucumber backstage as he walked around tweaking collars and sleeves to his liking.And I am convinced now that Rick Mercer has a microphone attached to his umbilical cord and yes he's that shiny in person. Great guy! added so much pin
stripped flavor to the show !

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

[Travis Taddeo Spring Collection 2010]

No comments: